Emily McAlhaney Konicek
Emily Konicek is an attorney who grew up in the Central Florida area. She is with the law offices of Davis and Konicek, P.A. and regularly handles family law and criminal cases in state court. She has been a member of The Florida Bar since 2005. She is a member of The Orange County Bar Association and the Young Lawyers Division. She is also a member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar and Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers (CFAWL). Emily is an active member of the Junior League of Greater Orlando and is currently the Provisional Mentor, formerly the Recruitment Chair. Emily was recently recognized as a Junior League Volunteer of Distinction.
After graduating from law school, she worked as a prosecutor in Orange and Osceola Counties where she handled misdemeanor and felony cases. While at the State Attorney's Office, she was assigned to a specialized division that prosecuted domestic violence cases, including stalking and injunctions. She has gained extensive jury trial experience prosecuting crimes including DUI's, domestic battery, and drug trafficking. As a prosecutor, she learned the courtroom skills necessary to become a successful attorney.
She used her experience as a prosecutor to transition into becoming an effective criminal defense attorney at The Rathel Law Group where she represented individuals charged with various crimes. At The Rathel Law Group, she also handled all types of family law cases, including divorces, paternity, child custody, and support modifications. She successfully represented clients through all stages of the case and handled many mediations and non-jury trials.
Ms. Konicek was born in Gainesville, Florida. She attended The University of Florida and majored in Business Administration. She attended law school at Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida where she earned a Juris Doctor and Masters in Business Administration.
At Davis and Konicek, P.A., she has used her MBA degree to form her own law firm with Jennifer Davis, Esquire. She handles all type of family law cases such as divorces, paternity, child support, visitation, child custody, child support and alimony modifications, enforcement of Marital Settlement Agreements, prenuptial agreements, and domestic violence injunctions.
Ms. Konicek also handles criminal cases including traffic offenses, DUI's, drug possession, petit theft, felonies, violations of probation and sealing and expungements.
As a managing partner with Davis and Konicek, P.A., she is dedicated to aggressively representing her clients in the Central Florida community.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony Modifications
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Domestic Violence Injunctions
- Traffic Offenses
- Drug Possession
- Petit Theft
- Violations of Probation
- Sealing and Expungements
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2005
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- J.D. - 2004
- The University of Florida
- Major: Business Administration
- Stetson University, St. Petersburg, Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, Member, 2005 - Present
- Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2005 - Present
- Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Member, 2007 - Present
- Junior League of Greater Orlando, Provisional Mentor, Former Recruitment Chair
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers (CFAWL)
- Young Lawyers Law School Mentoring Program, Mentor
Past Employment Positions
- Orange and Osceola Counties, Prosecutor
- The Rathel Law Group, Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Junior League Volunteer of Distinction
- Kappa Alpha Theta