Contempt & Enforcements

Protecting Your Rights in Post-Divorce Contempt & Enforcements

Whether an unexpected turn of events prevents you from providing child support or spousal support — or you are a single parent whose former spouse has shirked their support responsibilities — we can advise you on contempt and enforcement legal strategies at Davis & Konicek, P.A.

For those who are doing without the alimony or child support they need or for others who are being denied the parenting time they are entitled to, we can help. Jennifer L. Davis and Emily M. Konicek have nearly 20 years of combined experience with crafting positive resolutions in court.

A post-decree modification may be necessary to allow for changing economic or health conditions. Perhaps a modification has been agreed to, but compliance has not been forthcoming. Regardless of your situation, we work hard toward justice for your unique situation. Our goal is to strive for mutual cooperation on all provisions of a divorce settlement agreement.

If you have waited long enough for your ex-spouse to fulfill settlement obligations, contact us. Our Davis & Konicek, P.A. family law attorneys will pursue your goals in negotiation or litigation, effectively and efficiently. Call 888-364-0391, toll free. You can also e-mail or fax us. We always respond promptly to messages left after business hours.

Davis & Konicek, P.A. lawyers serve clients in Orlando, Winter Park, Winter Springs, Oviedo, Lake Mary, Kissimmee, Maitland, Clermont and Longwood; and Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.

Years of Experience and Attentive Personal Service

"Contempt" usually involves money, and a court order to a former spouse to force them to pay support. Enforcement of that order will work against a parent who fails to comply with support guidelines, or repeatedly denies child visitation time to an ex-spouse.

Any willful, consistent disregard of a divorce decree can be grounds for a motion seeking enforcement of an order. The other party can be held in contempt by a court, and risk harsh punishments. A contempt charge for non-payment is serious business. If you are still waiting for the alimony or child support you deserve, take action now.

Contact our experienced family law firm to arrange your free consultation.

Speak With Our Family Law Attorneys

You can reach us at this toll free phone number from wherever you are in Central Florida: 888-364-0391.